Works in Progress


FINISHED OBJECTS: *Fair Isle Wristlet *Sara-Grace's Shortie Socks *Collin's Socks *Sunshine Squared Sweater *Gramps

WORKS IN PROGRESS:*Bridgewater Shawl *Eidelon *Blue Shortie Socks *Resonation Shawl

Thursday, April 5, 2012

"Lucy, you got some 'splainin' to do."


I was innocently minding my own business, when Lucy came along and messed up my nice, almost, ordered life. I am the one who knits a pair of socks and at least one baby item for the gift drawer each month. Now, I don’t even want to look at anything but Lucy. 
Lucy, the cardigan, that is.  A wonderful topdown, seamless, shawl-collar cardigan designed by c2knits, knitted out of Cascade Luna and Luna Paints
It was a normal day when I walked into my LYS, and sat down at the table. There were a few other knitters around the table flipping through the binders of individual patterns. I joined them. How was I to know that this would be the beginning of the end. After all,  it was just a little look. What could that hurt? Flip. . . “Oh, that’s a nice one.”; flip . . .  “oh, look at this one.”; flip  . . . . “oh, my! I have to have that one!”, NOW! 

Yep! I saw the pattern and knew I was sunk. Bought Lucy and the 12 skeins of yarn in lightening speed. Couldn't  wait to get her home and swatch her. Oooh! she slides so smoothly around the size US 7 (4.5 mm) Knitter's Pride Symfonie Wood Dreamz needles. I am in loooove! 




Goodbye Hermione’s Everyday Socks, Goodbye Striped Baby Blanket, Goodbye Stephen West's Bedrock, Don’t even think about it, Summer Flies Shawl. You are no longer the loves of my life. I’m sorry. I don’t have time for any of you. Lucy is my love now.
She has taken over my life. I haven’t been cooking, cleaning, running errands, visiting friends. Nothing. I only want to spend time with her. First it was the neck, then after only a what seemed like a few rows, dividing for the sleeves and then binding off the body. Now the right sleeve is on the needles. She is luscious. She is smooth. She is a joy to behold.


I guess I have it bad!  I will be spending all my time with Lucy.
Until next time . . . . 

1 comment:

  1. I love reading your descriptive voice! I know how that goes though when something surprising grips you. While I'm working on the big sweater I've had a hard time not gravitating to other things. But I can't wait to start my next shawl!

    Thank you for commenting on the last podcast episode, I'm hoping the breathing continues improving.

    ReplyDelete