Works in Progress

Looking forward to SAFF!

FINISHED OBJECTS: *Geology Socks. *Fall Penrose Tile Shawl *Wingspan. *Odds and Ends Scarf

FROGGED: * Ashton Lace Shawl. *Reversible Cabled Scarf

WORKS IN PROGRESS: *Milanese Loop *Transitions Shawl. *Folded Poncho *Pull Me Over Sweater

Thursday, September 1, 2016

End of Summer

Summer is winding down. Morning and evening temperatures are now below 90 degrees. School has begun. Labor Day is this weekend. We are coming into my favorite time of year - Autumn!

Fiber festivals, beautiful foliage, college football, sweater knitting, corduroy slacks, flannel shirts, crisp air, lovely chrysanthemums. What's not to love!

I am currently waiting to receive my TKGA Master Hand Knitter Level 1 binder back from the review committee - probably the end of October. It was a lot of work, but boy, was it a great learning experience. I have been knitting for over 50 years, yikes!, but I still learned much about my own knitting and a few new techniques. I know I will have resubmissions and corrections to make. Almost, everyone does. Especially, the seed stitch swatch. Couldn't get it to look quite right.

I am looking forward to spending time with friends and family this fall. We have a full Labor Day weekend planned with family and then the end of October will see us heading to the North Carolina mountains to spend time with friends and go the Southeastern Animal Fiber Fair - SAFF.

I hope all of you are looking forward to the change of season.

Until next time . . . . .

Monday, July 4, 2016

Happy Fourth Of July!

I hope your 4th of July is a joyous one.  Ours will be filled with family, food, fun and fireworks.

Until next time . . . . .

Tuesday, June 14, 2016

Lots of Knitting

Some knitting has been done. I am trying to whittle down my WIPS.

A Wingspan scarf is finished using Cascade Tangiers yarn.

A Summer Tee is finished. A project started in 2011. I have entered it into the Knit 1 Heart too podcast yellow contest.

The Pull Me Over sweater yoke is finished and I have begun the vertical ribbing of the body.

In the Our Neck of the Woods 2016 KAL, we are working a mystery knit along.  I have finished clue 4.  I am using Loops And Threads Woolike sock yarn in Chocolate, White and Red.

My Easy Folded Poncho is slogging along. It is now about 2 feet long. Three more to go.

As always, socks are on the needles. Premier Yarns Garden Sport weight in the grass colorway.


Wednesday, December 30, 2015

End of the Year

It has been an interesting year.  Since September, Tom and I have been co-parenting our three South Carolina grandchildren -- a thirteen year old grandson and six year old twins - one grandson and one granddaughter.

Since Christmas, we have been in NYC child sitting the three grandsons here.

Our RV trips have been put on hold and the RV has been winterized and put in storage waiting for a warm spring weekend.

I have been knitting down my stash to offset the purchases made at SAFF. My friend, Lisa, and I made our annual pilgrimage to the Black Mountain Yarn Shop and to SAFF.  We really liked the new set up with more space and not having to share with the Tractor Show.  We met up with friends and compared purchases. Of course, we ate at P. F. Chang's for lunch before I headed home. It was just the break I needed.

Three pairs of socks have been completed and a boomerang scarf is almost done.  I plan to start on fall variegated shawl out of fingering alpaca next.

One Step at a Time

Lemonade Socks

Wyrt Socks

Blue Boomerang

Hope everyone had a wonderful Christmas and I wish you a peaceful and joyous New Year.

Until next time. . . . . .

Saturday, July 25, 2015

Productive Week

Still working on stirring and organizing my stash in the upstairs bedroom. Also, knitting on the Newsom sweater by Bristol Ivy in burgundy alpaca. It is an interesting construction!  Body and sleeve are finished and joined. Working on the yoke now. The sweater is an easy knit.

 Also, started vanilla socks in a light lemonade color of cotton and bamboo yarn. I'll go back to the more complex knitting later. For right now, simple is all I care to do.

We painted our grandsons room, a light Bahamas blue green. He wanted kelly green, but that was swiftly vetoed.  It took half a day to paint the ceilings and walls and another 6 hours to paint the woodwork. It looks nice. We hope he likes it!

Spent a week with our son in Pennsylvania. Helped strip wallpaper off the walls of our grandson's bedroom. This can be tricky in a 180 year old house.  Because the previous owners didn't prep the wall before they papered, there was a great deal of spackling that had to be done before we could paint.  We finished the painting and pulled up the carpet and padding. Lots of staples! As our son was pulling up the tack strips around the edge of the room, he commented that it was criminal to put nails in such beautiful hard wood floors.

I left the next day with the furniture still needing to be moved back in the room.  Drove to Virginia and stay with nephew and his wife at their farm. Left to drive home after chores were done and we had eaten breakfast. Good farm fresh eggs, milk and blueberries! Yumm!

Home again and tired.