Works in Progress


FINISHED OBJECTS: *Fair Isle Wristlet *Sara-Grace's Shortie Socks *Collin's Socks *Sunshine Squared Sweater *Gramps

WORKS IN PROGRESS:*Bridgewater Shawl *Eidelon *Blue Shortie Socks *Resonation Shawl

Monday, May 29, 2017

Confidence ?!

The socks for the grandson are going well, almost ready to turn the heel of the first one. 

Decided my yarn storage in the guest bedroom needed to be reorganized and the room cleaned out enough for someone to actually be able to sleep there. 

While I was moving things to an empty closet in another room, I noticed that I had ten skeins of Kraemer Yarns Tatamy Tweed Worsted in the Birch colorway. This is a worsted weight cotton yarn. It would look great as a circular yoke sweater. A great layering piece for my wardrobe. 

Oh! Look! My knitting machine is sitting in the corner looking quite lonely. I could quickly knit the body and sleeves up to the armholes on the machine and then finish the ribbing and yoke by hand. Wouldn't take very long and that would take 10 skeins out of stash. A win-win!

I cast on a gauge swatch on the machine. Easy, peasy! Quick!  After measuring, I figured the number of stitches and rows for the four pieces. In a  hour, I had the body and both sleeve pieces knit. Great! I will have this sweater finished in no time and can get back to the Squares Squared sweater. Two sweaters in a month. Woohoo!

Well....

I forgot, in my haste, to increase the sides of the sleeves. Yikes! How could I be so silly. I quickly moved back to the machine and knit the two sleeves again. I would put the four pieces on a circular needle to work the yoke. The ribbing on the sleeves and body would be done after the yoke. This way I could make sure that the sweater and sleeves are the right length.  


This should move quite quickly and then I can get back to the Squares Squared sweater that is taunting me from the other side of the room.

No comments:

Post a Comment