Works in Progress


FINISHED OBJECTS: *Fair Isle Wristlet *Sara-Grace's Shortie Socks *Collin's Socks *Sunshine Squared Sweater *Gramps

WORKS IN PROGRESS:*Bridgewater Shawl *Eidelon *Blue Shortie Socks *Resonation Shawl

Friday, October 7, 2011

Temptations


The days are cooler. This should make me want to knit all the time gearing up for winter. However, it just makes me want to search patterns and start new things. There are so many new books and magazines tempting me. 
I am trying to be good and ignore start-itis. Get behind me, Satan!
The Log Cabin Garter Stitch Baby Blanket is getting close to completion.  I have to finish the two brown sections, then knit the two lavender sections and then I will knit an inch of blue border around the entire blanket. Should end up about 36 inches (91 cm) square. 
I finished one of the “He Who Must Not Be Named” sports weight socks (Lorna’s Laces Honor yarn) and have cast on the toe of the second sock. Should be finished by Halloween. The alpaca/silk yarn is so soft but so strong. Great combo!
One sock down! Bag is from Piddleloop.

Wonderful Wendy Johnson heel
I am working on a swatch in Araucania Yarns Tolhauca Multy

I would like this to be a cotton garter stitch sideways knit jacket. I am having some trouble getting the proper guage. It is knitting a much larger stitch gauge than suggested. I may have to just adjust the pattern. I really like the fabric using the size US 5 (3.75 mm). It almost looks woven. 
I am also using this cotton yarn to make the Noro Keyhole Scarf as part of the Quickie KAL  on Fibernymph’s Podcast. It is a great ribbed scarf. Loving it!
Writing about all these projects makes me want to grab my needles, so i will post this and give in to the temptation for a little while.

No comments:

Post a Comment