Works in Progress


FINISHED OBJECTS: *Fair Isle Wristlet *Sara-Grace's Shortie Socks *Collin's Socks *Sunshine Squared Sweater *Gramps

WORKS IN PROGRESS:*Bridgewater Shawl *Eidelon *Blue Shortie Socks *Resonation Shawl

Friday, December 16, 2011

Cowling, Cowling, Now We Go. Christmas Bell Are Ringing


Only 9 days until Christmas. Instead of caroling, I have been cowling. heehee. Four made with two more to go. I can hear the Christmas bells ringing. They are getting closer.
I am using bulky yarn and a size US 11 (8mm) 16 inch circular needle.  It takes about 4 hours to make a cowl. I am using the Thick and Quick Ribbed Cowl by Naomi Adams, a free pattern on Ravelry.  I like the cowls better when I only cast on 72 stitches.  Pictures are on my Ravelry project page. I will post them here after Christmas.
I also bought some beautiful shawl pins to give with the cowls. I also have finished a Mossy Pebbles Scarf and am still working on the Encompassing Midnight circular shawl. 
My Alpaca Icelandic Yoke Sweater is on hold for now. I plan to work on it on the train when we head to NYC after Christmas to visit with our daughter and her family.  Should have plenty of time as we are on the train for 15 hours. Have never ridden on the train, so this will be an adventure. We understand that all the stations should have their Christmas decoration up and we are looking forward to seeing them.
Even if you are not cowling, I hope you are caroling or at least humming as you go about your preparations for Christmas or the holiday you celebrate. In our busy lives we need to remember to find joy in the little things so that we don’t get overwhelmed. 

No comments:

Post a Comment