Works in Progress


FINISHED OBJECTS: *Fair Isle Wristlet *Sara-Grace's Shortie Socks *Collin's Socks *Sunshine Squared Sweater *Gramps

WORKS IN PROGRESS:*Bridgewater Shawl *Eidelon *Blue Shortie Socks *Resonation Shawl

Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Knit What You Want to Knit


Read Glenna C’s blog (Knitting to Stay Sane) this morning and shouted hurray!  She wrote about knitting what you want to knit, not what others think you should knit. If Lisa likes to knit dishcloths, go for it! If Ramona likes to knit hats and socks, why shouldn’t she? If I don’t like to knit shawls and scarflettes and want to knit only one or two things at a time, why should I be made to feel inferior. Our knitting is just as good if not better than others who jump on every bandwagon and join every KAL. 
That being said I am slogging through a cowl in black alpaca. That’s right, I said black. Our DD lives in the frozen north and has requested warm neck wear in either black or gray.  Uggh!  The only bright light is that I am knitting Stephanie Pearl McPhee’s Encompass which is a wonderful pattern. It would be more fun if I was knitting it in a nice cheerful color. 
I have turned the heel on the second sock of the “He Who Must Not Be Named” socks. Only mindless knitting left. They should be finished soon.
I have finished the Elizabeth Zimmermann stocking hat that I am using for a gauge swatch for my EPS Yoke Sweater.  The fabric is so soft and light weight. I love it.  Now to measure a sweater that I like the fit of and start the bottom ribbing. Since this is about knitting what I want, I plan to knit both sleeves first. (One at a time, of course!) That way, when I get the body finished to the underarms, I can move right into the yoke, which is the fun part. Also the sleeves will be great take-along, car knitting.
I am perusing a stack of fairisle books and patterns to decide on which I will use for the yoke. This sweater will probably not be finished until January or February as I am easily distracted by small projects. But, that is okay, since just about the time it is finished, the weather will be cool enough to wear it.
So are you knitting what you want?

No comments:

Post a Comment