Works in Progress


FINISHED OBJECTS: *Fair Isle Wristlet *Sara-Grace's Shortie Socks *Collin's Socks *Sunshine Squared Sweater *Gramps

WORKS IN PROGRESS:*Bridgewater Shawl *Eidelon *Blue Shortie Socks *Resonation Shawl

Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Maiden Voyage

____________________________________________________________


Hello. This is my first try at blogging.  We’ll see how it goes. I am a born and raised southerner from the United States. Some of my favorite pastimes are sitting in the sunroom, drinking tea, looking out at our wooded property and knitting or ... and reading. Sometimes, ... knitting and reading!  Maybe this blog will be a good place to showcase some of my knitting, my favorite books (or just what I am currently reading), my love of tea, nature, and whatever else strikes me when I am typing.
Currently, I am sitting in my bright sunroom, knitting a cotton blend summer cardigan based on the Summer Cardigan pattern by Diane Soucy from Knitting Pure & Simple.  I am using a bright red pima cotton/nylon boucle’ blend called Bradford by Bristol Yarn Gallery.  The colorway is called an unimaginative #113.  The pattern is a short sleeve, neckdown, all in one piece, seamless, lightweight cardigan. Just the thing for summers in the south.  As I am very cold natured, I freeze in air conditioning and thrive in the heat. (It is currently 101.6 F at 3:45 pm) Guess I was born and raised in the right place.  As the cardigan is red, it should transition into the fall where the temperatures normally dip into the frigid 40s and 50s. Fahrenheit, of course.



I’m going to try to get another few rows knitted before I need to stop and fix dinner. Stay cool.

No comments:

Post a Comment