Works in Progress


FINISHED OBJECTS: *Fair Isle Wristlet *Sara-Grace's Shortie Socks *Collin's Socks *Sunshine Squared Sweater *Gramps

WORKS IN PROGRESS:*Bridgewater Shawl *Eidelon *Blue Shortie Socks *Resonation Shawl

Tuesday, August 30, 2011

End of Summer


We survived Hurricane Irene. We were at the beach when she hit. Lots of wind but not too much rain. Five to six foot waves. Overheard a resident the next morning say that it was a nice summer storm. Those who live in other states weren’t as fortunate. My prayers are with them. 
Since we were on the road most of last weekend, I got a little knitting done.  The Baby Boy Stocking Cap that matches the Baby Boy Surprise Jacket is finished. Now to await the baby boy. He’s due the first week of September.
Also worked on and finished is the Rosebud Trellis Cowl. It turned out very well. It is extremely soft. I’ll try to get the pattern written up soon.
I realized that August is almost over and I have not knitted a pair of socks. So I cast on my go to pattern - Wendy Johnson’s Sport Weight Gusset Heel Basic Socks on size US 2 with Lorna’s Laces Honor in the colorway, He Who Must Not Be Named. The sock is patterning delightfully.  I need to get cracking! I won’t be finished the August socks this month. :~(
I did, however, cast on and am a third finished the LaLa’s Simple Shawl in Katia’s Samba colorway 8660. A cotton yarn that is mostly green with splashes of red, pink, purple, teal, mint,  and blue.  Hope it doesn’t end up looking like clown barf.
We are pretty busy as summer winds downs and fall is soon to be upon us. (Yes, I know that summer goes until the third week of September) It is still rather warm here, so sweaters, jackets, shawls, gloves and hats are still a few weeks away. 

No comments:

Post a Comment