Works in Progress

FINISHED OBJECTS: *Fair Isle Wristlet *Sara-Grace's Shortie Socks *Collin's Socks *Sunshine Squared Sweater *Gramps

WORKS IN PROGRESS:*Bridgewater Shawl *Eidelon *Blue Shortie Socks *Resonation Shawl

Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Labor Day Weekend

Home again after a three and one-half day weekend visiting our daughter and her family on the Eastern Coast of Maryland.  We headed out on Friday afternoon to start our Labor Day weekend by driving 7 hours to Suffolk, VA.  We stayed in a nice hotel with a view of the harbor. Well, not our room, we overlooked the parking lot and the Northrop Grumman building. And Tom thought he was getting away from work! ;~)
On Saturday morning we headed out at 5 am to finish our drive across the Chesapeake Bay Bridge Tunnel, up the Delmarva peninsula and arrived in St. Michael’s, Maryland around 10 am.  It was nice seeing a part of the country that we haven't  seen before. 
Because we weren’t driving during peak hours, the traffic was light and enjoyable. We listened to the audiobook, Flags of our Fathers, about the six men in the photo of raising the flag on Iwo Jima. Very good book!
What a great time we had with our family at her in-laws beautiful home on the Miles River. We hadn’t seen our son-in-law in almost 3 years and our daughter and the boys in a year. What a sight for sore eyes! The grandkids have grown so much.  It was wonderful to see that our son-in-law, Michael,  is healing well from his neck surgery. Both he and our daughter are currently job hunting. We hope they both get a job offer in the same city. 
On Saturday, we attended a boat auction at the marina. The advice was “If you buy a boat, make sure it comes with a trailer.”  Even though the prices were low, we didn’t buy a boat. Alas, we are still landlubbers!
Spent the rest of the weekend canoeing, kayaking, biking, walking through St. Michaels,  eating blue crabs (Yummmm!) and visiting. What a relaxing time we had. Roy and Sandi are such great hosts. 
On Monday, after a huge breakfast, we drove the 12 hours home. On the way we stopped at the fishing pier on the Chesapeake Bay Bridge Tunnel. The weather was glorious. By the time we got to Emporia, VA the rain started and we drove in and out of rainstorms all the rest of the way home.
We had a wonderful time visiting but it is always so joyous to sleep in your own bed. AHHH!

No comments:

Post a Comment