Works in Progress


FINISHED OBJECTS: *Fair Isle Wristlet *Sara-Grace's Shortie Socks *Collin's Socks *Sunshine Squared Sweater *Gramps

WORKS IN PROGRESS:*Bridgewater Shawl *Eidelon *Blue Shortie Socks *Resonation Shawl

Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Productive Day


Today was very productive. 
First, I opened my new Breadman bread machine. I have been trying for years to make a good gluten free bread with my old machine. The Breadman comes with a gluten free cycle. It only mixes once and has only one rising before it bakes. From start to finish bread from a mix is ready in 1 hour and 19 minutes. Woohoo!

It looks like bread, it smells heavenly, is soft and tastes great. If you have ever tasted gluten free bread you would understand the excitement. Most of the bread is so dry that the only way to eat it is to toast it. Sound contrary doesn’t it. Take something dry and make it drier.  Go figure.
Second, I was asked by a family friend to make more of the Cran-Apple Nut Chex Mix. So I spent the morning nuking, stirring, nuking, stirring over and over again. The smells coming from the kitchen was intoxicating.  
I am going to have to start Jillian Michael’s “Shred” again soon!
I even got some knitting done today.  I cast on Heather from Highland Handmades, La Vie de Bois Socks using Berroco Comfort Sock in the Invercargill on two size US 2 circular needles. According to Heather, La Vie de Bois is a saying in Maine that means “That’s life in the woods”. I think that Invercargill is a good choice as it is green and brown like the woods with some teal for the sky. 


The pattern is lace that is going pretty well so far. Each repeat  doesn’t take long at all. I hope to be at the heel of the first sock tomorrow. The yarn is nice and soft. These should be a great sock without being too thick to wear in shoes. These will fit the bill as I need some more handmade socks because store bought socks never fit and I only knit a few pair for me last year.  Some of those are too thick for regular shoes.
So back to my knitting!

No comments:

Post a Comment