Works in Progress


FINISHED OBJECTS: *Fair Isle Wristlet *Sara-Grace's Shortie Socks *Collin's Socks *Sunshine Squared Sweater *Gramps

WORKS IN PROGRESS:*Bridgewater Shawl *Eidelon *Blue Shortie Socks *Resonation Shawl

Monday, February 27, 2012

Happy Dance!


Yeah, Yeah, Yeah, Yeah!  The La Vie de Bois socks are finished. The socks are designed by Heather of Highland Handmades and Fiberistafiles.  The pattern was well written and not a difficult lace sock to knit. I liked the heel on this toe up sock. It is alway rewarding to finish the heel with no holes. ;~)
Still working on the garter stitch striped baby blanket ala SheilaD37 from Knit1Hearttoo podcast. This is a fun knit and may become my go to baby blanket as it is inexpensive, 100% cotton, soft and colorful. 
I plan to cast on a toe up sock with an afterthought heel knit from Knit One Crochet Too’s Pediwick sock yarn.  I encouraged my LYS to order several new colors. I plan to use the watermelon colorway and two of the greens to knit the socks. I am planning to make the toes, heel and cuffs in stripes of dark and light green. The main body of the socks will be the watermelon color. I am going to make this sock for the LYS as a sample to help sell more of this yarn. I hope this turns out as well as I imagine it.
I found buttons for the off white baby yoke sweater that I finished last week. The buttons are chickens!  Just need to block the sweater and sew on the buttons. I made the 12 to 18 months size so that the baby will get more use out of the sweater.  This is knit using the Basic Baby Yoke Sweater in Plymouth Yarns Jeanne Chunky on size US 10 needles.  This is one of the 5 hour baby sweater patterns. This pattern is a keeper. 

Still working my way through Maggie Righetti’s book on sweater design. Hope to start my cardigan sometime in March. We’ll see.
Busy week coming up. Not sure how much time I will have for knitting or reading.
Until next time........

No comments:

Post a Comment