Works in Progress


FINISHED OBJECTS: *Fair Isle Wristlet *Sara-Grace's Shortie Socks *Collin's Socks *Sunshine Squared Sweater *Gramps

WORKS IN PROGRESS:*Bridgewater Shawl *Eidelon *Blue Shortie Socks *Resonation Shawl

Friday, February 3, 2012

Lots of Knitting


Finished Items
The two scarves I was knitting for grandsons, Logan and Holden, are finished. YEAH!  They will be in the mail soon to them. The scarves used the Hogwarts Scarf pattern by Lauren Kent. The boys chose their colors. Each scarf is 6 inches by 50 inches with a 6 inch fringe. They will be nice and warm.



HO (half finished object)
I also finished the first of the La Vie de Bois socks by Heather of Highland Handmades. The pattern is very well written. 
Works in Progress
The second La Vie de Bois sock has been cast on and the toe is almost finished. I am working on size US 2 (2.75 mm) needles in Invercargil colorway of Berroco Comfort Sock. I have to work on this sock when I am uninterrupted. Since this is not often, I cast on another sock. This time in red Berroco Comfort Sock on size US 1 (2.5 mm) needles. This will be a plain sock with gusset and short row heel. I plan to add an intarsia heart in white on the heel flap.  We’ll see. These will be my February socks. They will be much firmer knit than the La Vie de Bois socks.

Next on the Needles
I joined the Dramaticknits podcast Favorite Musical Swap.  My swap partner’s favorite Musical is Little Shop of Horrors. I am looking for a knitting pattern to make for her. I also have found some neat swag to include in the package. We are limited to one knitted item and $10 for the swag. Let’s see how creative I can be. Come on Etsy!
Charity Knitting
A call has gone out for us to show our support and prayers for the designer Lisa Dykstra yenforyarn. Lisa has ovarian cancer and it is no longer in remission. Heather boutrosbabe of Highland Handmades has re-kindled the Yen for Yarn KAL. Melissa Meliabella of His and Her Podcast is a part of this wonderful charity too:-)  
I bought her pattern Winter Birches Fingerless Mitts.  They are gorgeous! I am looking forward to casting them on. My prayers are with Lisa. Join the KAL and send her your good wishes.
Travel
Hubby and I head to Arizona this weekend for a 6 day vacation at a beautiful resort. We need the rest, relaxation and rejuvenation. We are so looking forward to spending time together away from our normal cares and jobs. I plan to take lots of pictures to share with you.
Until next time, enjoy your knitting.

No comments:

Post a Comment